Please return the completed license application along with all required information and fees to the Town’s Building Department located in Town Hall.
Town of Carbondale
511 Colorado Ave
Carbondale, CO 81632
The application must be accompanied by:
- Copy of a valid B.E.S.T. Card
- A B.E.S.T. Card is not required if you are a state licensed plumber. A copy of your state license is required.
- ICC Contractor Certification is a qualifying contractor's examination.
- Some specialty licenses may be exempt from B.E.S.T. Card requirements.
- Certificate of Contractor’s Liability Insurance
- Certificate of Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- If the Contractor has no employees, a Waiver of Worker’s Compensation Insurance must be signed.
- The appropriate fee for the class of license the applicant wishes to obtain
The license is valid for one year from the date of issuance. The Contractor is required to notify the Building Department of any change of mailing address or telephone number.
B.E.S.T. Card Testing
The Town of Carbondale requires all licensed contractors to have a valid B.E.S.T. card unless the contractor meets one of the exemptions. The town will proctor this exam by appointment ONLY. Please contact the Building Department at 970-510-1210 to schedule the exam. The exam cost is $1.00 per question to be paid before starting the exam.